- 23 February 2018 / For 1 year, the SNFCC has been Yours!
One year ago, today, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) held a large celebration, open to all, to mark the completion of the delivery of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) to its permanent owner, the Greek State and, by extension, to the Greek society.
- 23 February 2018 / The SNF supports the Annual Award “RPWT 2018 - Renzo Piano World Tour 2018”
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) along with the Renzo Piano Foundation and Fundación Botín have established the annual architectural award “RPWT 2018 -Renzo Piano World Tour 2018” for the best thesis focusing on the theme: “Art of Construction: the importance of structural details”.
- 22 February 2018 / AFP on the Relocation of the National Library of Greece to the SNFCC
A few months away from the completion of the historic transition of the National Library of Greece to its new premises at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the international news agency “Agence France-Presse (AFP)” hosts an extensive feature on NLG’s relocation to its new home at the SNFCC.
- 22 February 2018 / Inauguration of the Νew CT Scanner at the General Hospital of Corinth with the SNF’s support
On Monday, February 26th, 2018, the General Hospital of Corinth will inaugurate its new CT Scanner with high quality diagnostic imaging capabilities. The CT Scanner was solely funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 20 February 2018 / The SNFCC Welcomed 70.000 Visitors during the Carnival and Clean Monday Festivities
Between February 17th and February 19th, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomed around 70,000 visitors, just a few days before it celebrates its first year of operation following its delivery to the Greek State and the Greek society.
- 19 February 2018 / Highlights from the SNFCC
Τhe Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was designed by the renowned architectural firm Renzo Piano Building Workshop and is a sustainable, world-class cultural, educational and recreational urban complex that includes the new facilities of the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera, as well as the 210,000 square meters Stavros Niarchos Park.
- 16 February 2018 / Audition for the Performance of the Choreographer Marianna Kavallieratos to be Presented at the Summer Nostos Festival
Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival) returns this summer with a special dance program featuring talented Greek and international representatives of the genre.
- 14 February 2018 / DIALOGUES: Eros
On Wednesday, February 14th, 2018, the SNF organized the 4th event of the new monthly series DIALOGUES, regarding Eros at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 09 February 2018 / The SNF celebrates the International Greek Language Day
Since inception, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has laid particular emphasis on supporting initiatives whose goal is the promotion of the Greek culture and Hellenism worldwide, including the Greek language. During the many years of its operation, the SNF has supported, through a series of grants, centers for Hellenic Studies as well as programs for the promotion and dissemination of the Greek language.