- 01 August 2018 / Public Mural Art Program in Four Greek Islands with the SNF’s support
From June 28th to July 31st, 2018, UrbanAct implemented a pilot program, titled “Coloring the Greek Islands”, with the participation of Greek and foreign artists.
- 01 August 2018 / The SNF Supports the 12th Edition of the ASCEN-DANSE Festival “Vertical’été”
From July 27th to July 29th, 2018, the 12th annual ASCEN-DANSE festival “Vertical’été” took place in Mont Dauphin, France. This innovative festival produces vertical arts and contemporary dance within the Vauban fortification of Mont Dauphin, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 01 August 2018 / Performance of the Syros-based Music School En Hordais & Organois
On Friday, August 3rd, 2018, the student ensemble of the Syros-based music school “En Hordais & Organois” organizes a tribute performance to Syros-born Greek popular music composer, Markos Vamvakaris.
- 31 July 2018 / Cancellation of DIALOGUES Event Scheduled for August
Out of respect for the memory of our fellow citizens who lost their lives in the recent devastating fires, and the suffering of their loved ones, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has canceled the DIALOGUES event, which was scheduled for August 31st, 2018, and which was dedicated to Greek traditional festivals.
- 26 July 2018 / Message from the SNF on the catastrophic fires afflicting the people of Greece
It is with great sadness, that all of us have witnessed the tragic reality of the devastation caused by the catastrophic fires in Greece. The loss, the tragic loss, of so many lives is too difficult to comprehend.
- 20 July 2018 / The SNF Αttends Special Olympics 50th Anniversary Celebration
On July 17th, 2018, the Special Olympics 50th Anniversary Celebration kicked off in Chicago, the birthplace of the first International Special Olympics Summer Games, featuring a series of events that brought together Special Olympics athletes, volunteers, supporters and friends of the global movement from around the world to celebrate the “Inclusion Revolution”, Special Olympics’ mission to create inclusive communities.
- 20 July 2018 / The SNF Supports the Center for an Urban Future’s Policy Symposium on Revitalizing NYC’s Aging Infrastructure
Following the recent publication of its report on New York City parks, titled “A New Leaf: Revitalizing New York City’s Aging Parks Infrastructure”, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2018, the Center for an Urban Future holds a policy symposium.
- 20 July 2018 / Inauguration of the Renovated Sports Facilities at a Summer Camp for Children in Crete
On Monday, July 23rd, 2018, the Holy Metropolis of Kydonia and Apokoronou holds the inauguration of the renovated sports facilities of the Saint Paul summer camp in Crete. The renovation was made possible with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 20 July 2018 / Press Conference on the Official Opening of the two Tourist Information Centers in the City of Thessaloniki
On Thursday, July 19th, 2018, a Press Conference was held in Thessaloniki for the presentation of the operation of two Tourist Information Centers (TIC) located in the center of the city, one in Aristotelous Square and one in the area of the Royal Theater.