- 22 DECEMBER 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University’s Annual Publication
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University (SFU) has released Volume 5 of, Agora, their annual publication of the Centre and its academic program.
- 20 DECEMBER 2017 / DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit
Today, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) held the second event of its new monthly series, DIALOGUES, entitled "DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit". The event took place at the Book Castle of the National Library of Greece, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 19 DECEMBER 2017 / Comprehensive used clothing management system, Fabric Republic: No Empty Clothes (N.E.C), supported by the SNF
The innovative project “Fabric Republic” establishes partnerships with NGOs to encourage sustainable and effective management of used and surplus clothing for the benefit of vulnerable social groups.
- 18 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF receives honorary award from the Greek Council for Refugees
At a ceremony which was held on Friday, December 15th, 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was given an honorary award from the Greek Council for Refugees as an acknowledgement of the SNF’s longstanding contribution to the organization’s work of protecting the rights of refugees in Greece.
- 18 DECEMBER 2017 / Presentation of the results of the University of Athens’ teacher training program on civic education funded by the SNF
On Saturday, December 16th, 2017, the scientific team of the University of Athens’ teacher training project held a one-day seminar, entitled “Facets of democracy and Challenges in Education”.
- 15 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports the 23rd edition of the U Giru de Natale race in Monaco.
On Sunday, December 17th, 2017, Monaco welcomes U Giru de Natale, a popular sports event which has been taking place every year, since 1994, before Christmas, aiming to encourage engagement in sports activities, particularly amongst young people.
- 14 DECEMBER 2017 / The exhibition "Nikolaos Ventouras: A lifetime of innovation" opens at the Benaki Museum, with the SNF’s support
The Benaki Museum presents the retrospective exhibition of the Greek engraver and artist Nikolaos Ventouras, one of the greatest engravers of the 20th century, with his work extending over half a century, both in Greece and internationally.
- 14 DECEMBER 2017 / SNF RUN: 2018 First Run
Get a head start on 2018 by joining in the very first race of the year, right at the start of 2018! A celebration of hope, a 4K night-time race starting and finishing at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), with lots of music, dance, and treats.
- 14 DECEMBER 2017 / ASCO presents Quality Training Program, supported by the SNF, at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s National Forum
On December 13th, 2017, the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) Quality Training Program, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), was presented at the National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in Orlando, Florida. ASCO staff, as well as staff from participating cancer clinics, attended.