- The Lighting Ceremony for the Flame of Hope is a special day for the Summer Special Olympics. It marks the start of the countdown to the official opening of the games on March 14th in Abu Dhabi while celebrating diversity, inclusion, and the strength of will of the Special Olympics athletes.
26 FEBRUARY 2019Calling all Young Musicians in Greece! The Mediterranean Youth Orchestra holds AuditionsThis week, the Mediterranean Youth Orchestra (MYO) will hold auditions in Greece for young musicians to participate in one of the MYO’s annual round of sessions.
- Two years after the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) delivered the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) to the people of Greece, SNF’s vision for a public space open and accessible to all has become a reality.
- In a recent interview in the latest edition of Blue Magazine, George Koumentakis, artistic director of the Greek National Opera (GNO), talks about the new era of the GNO and its vision to grow from a regional opera into the equal of international operas in Europe, America, and Asia.
- Only a few kilometers from the village of Kardamyli, three traditional stone buildings nestle into an estate full of wildflowers and olive, cypress, and pistachio trees. This is the Patrick & Joan Leigh Fermor House, which is expected to reopen its doors to the public in June 2019 for guided tours and organized visits, upon the completion of repair and restoration works.
20 FEBRUARY 2019Completion of SNF’s Grant for the Replacement of Radiotherapy Equipment around GreeceΟn Thursday, February 14th, 2019, two new linear accelerators were inaugurated in the Radiotherapy Department of Attikon University General Hospital through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Wednesday, February 20th, a conference was to mark the occasion of Athens being named “European Capital of Innovation 2018.” Representatives of the European Union and other innovation capitals (iCapitals), as well as partners and supporters, participated.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) announced a new round of paid internships, designed for young people ages 18 to 35, for a total of 62 positions.
- On Friday, February 15th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the efforts of the Educational Center for People with Disabilities in Piraeus (PEk/AmeA), as part of the organization’s award ceremony for supporters.