- 18 APRIL 2016 / Major Exhibition at The Met to Present Three Centuries of Greek Art from Alexander to Cleopatra
The conquests of Alexander the Great transformed the ancient world, making trade and cultural exchange possible across great distances. Alexander’s retinue of court artists and extensive artistic patronage provided a model for his successors, the Hellenistic kings, who came to rule over much of his empire.
- 15 APRIL 2016 / Innovative educational programs for medical students and young orthopedic residents
The NGO Regeneration & Progress successfully designed 3 innovative educational programs in the field of medicine, with the support of the SNF.
- 31 MARCH 2016 / Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center -4th Cycle
Following the warm response and high attendance levels of the public, the ‘Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’ continues its programming, having already completed a two-year long journey. This cultural and educational program is now running its fourth cycle, spreading the message of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) to 87 additional Municipal and Public Libraries across Greece, and 14 Municipalities of Attica.
- 28 MARCH 2016 / Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World June 23-26, 2016 | Public events for all ages
In June 2016, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens, will host the original cultural event under the title Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World.
- 23 MARCH 2016 / The SNF participates in the European Programme for Integration and Migration, by supporting NGOs that focus on the needs of unaccompanied children reaching Greece
Given the dramatic dimensions the refugee issue has reached in Greece and throughout Europe, and as part of its grants concerning the relief of refugee populations, the SNF participates in the European Programme for Integration and Migration - EPIM, for the support and implementation of actions focusing on the need for protection of unaccompanied children reaching Greece.
- 23 MARCH 2016 / Announcement of the program “Positive care for dementia” with the support of the SNF
On Tuesday, March 22nd, the “Positive care for dementia” program was presented to the media, which is implemented by Alzheimer’s Disease International - ADI, in collaboration with Alzheimer Hellas.
- 21 MARCH 2016 / The Tällberg workshop “Clash of civilizations?” in Lesvos, with the support of the SNF
The Tällberg Foundation organized a workshop on the underlying cause and potential long-term consequences of Europe’s refugee crisis, “Clash of civilizations?” from March 17 to 20 on the island of Lesvos.
- 20 MARCH 2016 / The SNF joins New York Road Runners’ Team for Kids at the 2016 United Airlines NYC Half
On Sunday, March 20th, 2016, the SNF Team ran for New York Road Runners Team for Kids, which raises funds to support New York Road Runners youth programming across all of New York City, year-round. In addition, we witnessed and helped out with the launch of Year 2 of the Youth Running Series.
- 17 MARCH 2016 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Schoinousa
On March 19th to March 20th , the Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) will visit the island of Schoinousa to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents.