- 26 September 2018 / Interview of the SNFCC’s Landscape Architect, Helli Pangalou, in Kathimerini
In an interview with the Greek newspaper “Kathimerini”, landscape architect, Helli Pangalou, talked about the design of the Stavros Niarchos Park and its unique biodiversity, her collaboration with Renzo Piano during the creation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), as well as about the Park’s recent distinction at the European Garden Awards 2018/2019.
- 26 September 2018 / The SNFCC Welcomes Jeffrey Eugenides as part of the Athens 2018 World Book Capital events, Supported by SNF
On Thursday, September 27th, 2018, at 20:00 (ΕΕΤ), Greek-American Pulitzer laureate, Jeffrey Eugenides, will participate in an open discussion with author, Kallia Papadaki, and journalist and book critic, Mikela Chartoulari, which will take place at the Greek National Opera’s Alternative Stage, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 25 September 2018 / Inauguration of the Frissiras Museum’s Exhibition “New Horizons of European Painting III: The Action of the Senses”
On Wednesday, September 25th, 2018, the Frissiras Museum will inaugurate its new exhibition, the third and final installment of a trilogy of exhibits, entitled “New Horizons of European Painting”.
- 25 September 2018 / Renzo Piano Lectures at Johns Hopkins University
On Monday, September 24th, 2018, Renzo Piano spoke at Johns Hopkins University about “The Role of Architecture in Civil Society” with Ronald Daniels, President of Johns Hopkins University.
- 24 September 2018 / The Association of Cancer Patients and Friends of Evros Prefecture Honors the SNF
On Sunday, September 23rd, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was awarded by the Association of Cancer Patients and Friends of Evros Prefecture for its long-standing support of the health sector in the area of Evros.
- 24 September 2018 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University by Dr. Scott A. Small
On Wednesday, September 26th, 2018, Dr. Scott A. Small will discuss “Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease Through Its Anatomical Vulnerability” at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Brain Insight Lecture series at Columbia University.
- 24 September 2018 / SNF Supports Free Admission to the Guggenheim Museum for Students, Faculty and Staff at Five CUNY Schools
Through exclusive support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York offers free admission for City University of New York students, faculty and staff from Brooklyn College, Hunter College, Lehman College, Queens College, and College of Staten Island through the museum’s University Membership pilot program.
- 21 September 2018 / The Final Event of the New York City Neighborhood Library Awards
On Thursday, September 20th, 2018, the culminating event of the NYC Neighborhood Library Awards took place at the New York Public Library Schwarzman Building.
- 20 September 2018 / Ratification of the Grant Contract for the Implementation of the SNF’s Health Initiative
The Grant Contract between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek State for the implementation of infrastructure, education and equipment-related projects, which are part of the SNF’s large-scale grant Initiative to support the Health Sector in Greece, was ratified under law by the Greek Parliament on Thursday, September 20th, 2018.