- 12 JULY 2017 / The SNF Lead Donor of the 7th International Contemporary Dance Festival - Dance Days Chania
The now established International Contemporary Dance Festival’ Dance Days Chania returns for the seventh consecutive year, from July 17th to July 28th, to transform, for yet another year, the city of Chania into a big stage where contemporary Greek and international dance scenes meet.
- 12 JULY 2017 / The SNF received an award for the category “Structures and Initiatives” at the “Startupper Awards 2017” ceremony
On Tuesday, July 11th, the second “Startupper Awards” ceremony for the promotion and support of the Greek start-up ecosystem was held.
- 11 JULY 2017 / Launch of the new cycle of the CTY Greece summer educational programs in Athens and Thessaloniki, with the SNF support
On Tuesday, July 4th and Monday, July 10th, the Anatolia College held in Thessaloniki and Athens, respectively, an event, including a press briefing, to mark the launch of this year’s summer educational programs of the “Center for Talented Youth (CTY) – Greece”. These three-week long summer day programs feature university-level courses, complemented by leisure and sports activities.
- 11 JULY 2017 / CSIS’s one-day workshop on The Eastern Mediterranean at the SNF
The proceedings of the scientific one-day workshop held on Tuesday July 11th, by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), were successfully completed. The workshop was structured around the theme: “The strategic seam between Europe and the Middle East: Rethinking U.S. bilateral and regional policies towards the Eastern Mediterranean”.
- 10 JULY 2017 / National Herald – “Andreas Dracopoulos – Human Greatness!”
The National Herald hosts an op-ed on the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, written by the President of the Board of the St. Demetrios Greek American School in Astoria, Mr. Nikos Andriotis.
- 10 JULY 2017 / Open-air cinema nights in Chalkidiki, with the SNF support
The three-day summer film festival, Parthenώn Film Festival, returns for the third consecutive year, renewing its yearly rendezvous, and invites its audience to experience for three nights, from July 14th to July 16th, a unique, comprehensive cinema experience where masterpieces of the big screen coexist in perfect harmony with short films of young film makers.
- 07 JULY 2017 / Event in celebration of the completion of pedestrinization projects in the heart of Athens
On Thursday, July 6th, in the context of its initiatives towards the reinvigoration of the Athens Commercial Triangle, the Municipality of Athens delivered to pedestrians the streets of Chrisospiliotissis, Nikiou, Vlachava and Poliklitou, with an open celebration complemented by a series of cultural activities and happenings.
- 07 JULY 2017 / Inauguration of the new linear accelerator (linac) and medical equipment at the General University Hospital of Crete, with the SNF support
On Friday, July 7th, the General University Hospital of Crete inaugurated the new linear accelerator (linac) which begins its clinical operations, upon the successful completion of the configuration, installation and license works for the machine, streamlining the operation of the Hospital’s radiotherapy department and patient treatment methods in the surrounding areas.
- 07 JULY 2017 / Positive Planet France inaugurates the first entrepreneurship space in Lyon’s suburbs “La Cocotte”
On Friday, July 7th, SNF Grantee Positive Planet France inaugurated the first entrepreneurship space in Lyon’s suburbs “La Cocotte”, founded in partnership with micro-finance expert association ADIE.