- 14 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNFCC is nominated for the RIBA International Prize 2018
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) is among the nominees for the international prize for architecture, RIBA International Prize 2018, awarded by the Royal Institute of British Architects. The SNFCC is the only Greek nominee among 62 buildings in 30 countries. The winners will be announced in December 2018.
- 14 DECEMBER 2017 / The Axion Estin Foundation Chanters Perform at The Met with the SNF’s support
On Friday, December 15th, 2017, The Axion Estin Foundation’s international ensemble of chanters return to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York for the annual pop-up concerts “Byzantine Pop-Ups”.
- 14 DECEMBER 2017 / The American Heart Association Launched “Mission: Lifeline Stroke” Project in New York
With support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the American Heart Association launched the “Mission: Lifeline Stroke” project in New York. “Mission Lifeline Stroke” is an initiative to improve delivery of prompt, coordinated, and evidence-based treatment for stroke patients across New York.
- 13 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF Receives the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence from the Institute of International Education
On Tuesday, December 12th , 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was awarded, along with Fulbright Greece, the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence, from the Institute of International Education
- 13 DECEMBER 2017 / ArtPlace America Announces Projects to receive funding from its National Creative Placemaking Fund, supported by SNF
ArtPlace America has announced 23 projects in which it will be investing across the United States, using its National Creative Placemaking Fund. The projects will span 18 states and one U.S. territory, 52% of which will be working in rural communities.
- 12 DECEMBER 2017 / The First Palliative Care Inpatient Unit for adult cancer patients in Greece is made possible with the SNF’s Support
On Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, the “Galilee” Palliative Care Unit inaugurated the first Palliative Care Inpatient Unit in Greece which has been completed with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support.
- 12 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports a survey conducted by Athens Culture Net on the Athenians’ views about culture
The Athens Culture Net of the Municipality of Athens holds a Press Conference, on Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, to present the findings of its survey that puts under the microscope the attitudes towards culture among the residents of Athens.
- 12 DECEMBER 2017 / $1 Million Gift From the SNF Supports the Opening of the John Gutfreund Fetal Heart Program at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore
A landmark grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to the Pediatric Heart Center at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore supports the launch of the John H. Gutfreund Fetal Heart Program at the Montefiore Hutchinson Campus, The center offers the latest in imaging technology to evaluate the fetal heart in a state-of-the art, welcoming space designed to provide advanced cardiac care to pregnant women and their families.
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / The Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina honors its supporters, including the SNF
On Sunday, December 10th, 2017, the Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina iheld an event, during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the organization.