- 19 NOVEMBER 2017 / SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, speaks at The World Today
The SNF Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, provided an interview at the monthly global affairs magazine The World Today on the role of philanthropy in today’s society, as part of his recent visit to Chatham House - Royal Institute of International Affairs.
- 19 NOVEMBER 2017 / Citi Private Bank’s Global Citizens series features the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos
Citi Private Bank presents the “Global Citizens” short film series featuring citizens of the world who harness knowledge, experience and relationships beyond borders and across cultures to help change the world for the better.
- 19 NOVEMBER 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is awarded the European Solar Prize 2017
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center has been awarded the European Solar Prize 2017 in the Solar Architecture and Urban Planning category. The SNFCC was selected for being a 'strong symbol for ecological sustainability and the potential of renewable energy, integrated in a building of cultural life, setting new standards in architectural requirements'.
- 16 NOVEMBER 2017 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos at Chatham House
On Monday, November 13th, the Co-President of the SNF, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, participated in a panel entitled “Exiting the Echo Chamber” at Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, in London, England.
- 15 NOVEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the new linear accelerator (linac) at the General University Hospital of Patras, with the SNF's support
On Tuesday, November 14th, 2017, the General University Hospital of Patras inaugurated the new linear accelerator (linac) which begins its clinical operations, and is installed at the hospital's Radiotherapy and Oncology Unit.
- 14 NOVEMBER 2017 / SNF Representatives Visit Ghana for the 3rd Bloomberg Africa Business Media Innovators Forum
SNF representatives are attending the 3rd Africa Business Media Innovators Forum, taking place in Ghana, organized by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
- 14 NOVEMBER 2017 / New York Public Radio Gala
On Monday, November 13, New York Public Radio (NYPR) hosted their annual gala in New York City.
- 13 NOVEMBER 2017 / SNF Αwarded by the Hellenic Association of Medical Physicists for its Replacement of Radiotherapy Equipment in Public Hospitals
On Friday November 11th, we attended the annual event of the Hellenic Association of Medical Physicists, celebrating the International Day of Medical Physics on the occasion of the 150th anniversary from the birth of Marie Curie. During the event, the SNF was awarded for its support of the Greek health sector and specifically for its initiative for the replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals.
- 13 NOVEMBER 2017 / Second French-Greek innovation network forum Mazinnov, with the SNF’s support
Following the success of last year’s inaugural event, the French Embassy in Athens organized on November 10th and 11th, 2017, the second French-Greek innovation network forum Mazinnov, which brings together actors of innovation, from both the public and the private sector, in order to forge partnerships and nurture innovative ideas about the future of Greece.