- 08 June 2021 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos to Participate in 2021 Town & Country Philanthropy Summit
Each year, 175-year-old American magazine Town & Country convenes leaders from a diversity of fields for its Philanthropy Summit.
- 07 June 2021 / Opera, Ballet, Music, and the Athens Cultural Event of the Year, All in the GNO’s Summer Program
As Greece adjusts to the rhythm of the new normal, the Greek National Opera (GNO) turns from shuttered stages to live shows with a rich program of performances and concerts in unexpected spaces all around Athens.
- 03 June 2021 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL), NYPL’s Reimagined Central Circulating Library, Is Now Open
A rooftop terrace in Midtown Manhattan topped by a whimsical “wizard’s hat,” a light-filled long room with five levels of browsable book stacks, a center serving lifelong learners, a dedicated floor for kids and teens where they can see behind the scenes as books are sorted, and more await New Yorkers at the city’s newest library.
- 03 June 2021 / An Art Exhibit Created to Break Down Barriers Comes to Sparta
Following a temporary pause due to the pandemic, a traveling exhibition featuring works by visual artists with disabilities and handwritten texts by writers is making its way to Sparta.
- 03 June 2021 / Envisioning a New Paradigm for Supporting Artists in Partnership with the Mellon Foundation
Creatives Rebuild New York (CRNY), a major new three-year initiative announced by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation in partnership with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Ford Foundation, will offer artists in New York State stable income and fulltime employment opportunities.
- 01 June 2021 / SNFCC Fountains Dance to Disco, Opera, Classical Music, and Famous Movie Scores
Since the Dancing Fountains at the SNFCC Canal debuted with spectacular choreographed water shows during the 2019 SNF Nostos summer celebration, they have captivated visitors of all ages.
- 28 May 2021 / SNF Completes $100 Million Global COVID-19 Relief Initiative
- 28 May 2021 / Spotlight on 25 Years of Grantmaking: Notes from SNF Program Officer, Rosalyn Benjamin
- 28 May 2021 / New Hospital Triples the Number of Surgical Beds for Children in Uganda
Children’s Surgical Hospital, a new facility in Entebbe, Uganda, created through the efforts of Italian nonprofit EMERGENCY, began serving patients in April 2021. The first patients, Ramadhan, Topista, Justine, Katongole, Matovu, and Jordan, are between 3 and 11 years old and received treatment for a range of medical conditions.