- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, speaks to The World Today
The SNF Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, provided an interview to the monthly global affairs magazine The World Today on the role of philanthropy in today’s society, as part of his recent visit to Chatham House - Royal Institute of International Affairs.
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / Citi Private Bank’s Global Citizens series features the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos
Citi Private Bank presents the “Global Citizens” short film series featuring citizens of the world who harness knowledge, experience and relationships beyond borders and across cultures to help change the world for the better.
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / The Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina honors its supporters, including the SNF
On Sunday, December 10th, 2017, the Home for the Elderly of Zosimades Ioannina iheld an event, during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the organization.
- 11 DECEMBER 2017 / DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit
On Wednesday, December 20th, 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) holds the second event of its new monthly series, DIALOGUES, entitled ‘DIALOGUES: Surrounded by the Christmas Spirit’. The event will take place at the Book Castle of the National Library of Greece, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, at 17:30 (EET).
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the new linear accelerator (linac) at the University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli
On Friday, December 8th, 2017, the University General Hospital of Alexandroupoli inaugurated the new linear accelerator (linac) which is already in clinical operation thanks to an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the program for the replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals across Greece.
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / The First Palliative Care Inpatient Unit for adult cancer patients in Greece is made possible with the SNF’s Support
On Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, the “Galilee” Palliative Care Unit inaugurates the first Palliative Care Inpatient Unit in Greece which has been completed with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support.
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / SNF grantee, FC Barcelona Foundation named 2017 ‘Foundation of the Year’ for its educational sports programs to help refugee children
On Thursday, December 7th, 2017, the FC Barcelona Foundation received the “Foundation of the Year” prize at the 10th edition of the Peace & Sport Awards, in recognition of the social impact that its support programs for refugee children and teenagers in refugee reception centers in Europe and the Middle East have.
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF Receives the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence from the Institute of International Education
On Tuesday, December 12th , 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will be awarded, along with Fulbright Greece, the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence, from the Institute of International Education
- 08 DECEMBER 2017 / The SNF fortifies support for the International African American Museum
The International African American Museum (IAAM) has received overwhelming support from some of the country’s most prominent and esteemed foundations, including the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Kresge Foundation, the Speedwell Foundation and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.