- 21 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the Εxhibition “Shared Sacred Sites in the Balkans and the Mediterranean” in Τhree Μuseums in Thessaloniki
Τhe exhibition “Shared Sacred Sites in the Balkans and the Mediterranean”, a collaboration between the Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art, the Thessaloniki Museum of Photography and the Municipality of Thessaloniki, will open on September 23rd.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports training program on the association between animal abuse and domestic violence
From September 18th to 23rd, a training program exploring the theme ”The cycle of violence. Children and animal abuse”, is held in the premises of the School of Further Education and Training of the Hellenic Police Force. The training sessions, coordinated by experts – educators U.S. officials, are addressed to Greek police officers, Coast Guard officers and judicial officers.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2017 / September 21st: World Alzheimer’s Day
As part of the World Alzheimer Month, the Psychogeriatric Association “Nestor”, the Psychiatric Clinic of Aeginitio Hospital, and the Greek Psychiatric Association are organizing on Friday September, 22nd 2017, a one-day workshop with the title “Innovative developments in the treatment of Alzheimer in our country’’.
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Inside Philanthropy: An Atypically Large Gift Yields Lessons for Libraries Everywhere
Inside Philanthropy reports on the SNF’s recent grant for the renovation of the New York Public Library's (NYPL) Mid-Manhattan Central Circulating Branch.
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The SNF supports Greek Student Teams Participating in the for the International Student Competition F1 in Schools
The 13th World Finals of the international STEM student competition F1 in Schools will be held from September 24th to September 27th, 2017 as part of the official Formula 1 Grand Prix in Malaysia, with the participation of 51 teams from 26 countries, including Greece and Cyprus.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) Celebrates 10 Years of Operation
The Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) celebrated ten years of contribution and essential volunteer-led social activity with a series of anniversary activities held between September 15th and September 17th.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2017 / New York Road Runners Youth Wheelchair Program Participants Compete in the NYRR 5th Avenue Mile Event
On Sunday, September 10, twelve participants from the New York Road Runners (NYRR) Youth Wheelchair Training Program competed in the NYRR 5th Avenue Mile event. Seven of the program’s participants competed in the full mile race, and five participants competed in the quarter-mile race.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2017 / One-day research seminar on the protection of personal data , with the SNF’s support
As part of its Recharging The Youth Initiative, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supported a one-day research seminar, organized by the Centre of International and European Economic Law (CIEEL), entitled “ The protection of personal data at the areas of freedom, security and justice – Based on the new applied General Regulation EE 2016/679’’.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The National Herald: Benefactors of the Greek education
The weekly edition of the Magazine of the newspaper The National Herald hosts a tribute entitled “Benefactors of the Greek education”, in which extensive reference is made to the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and, more specifically, to the contribution of the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, to the field of education in the Diaspora.