- 19 JULY 2018 / Interview of the SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, on Protagon.gr
In an interview with the Greek news portal Protagon.gr, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, discusses current events, the Foundation’s relationship with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC), “a real beast that constantly asks for your attention”, as he noted, but also an example of good cooperation between all parties involved, the SNF’s new Health Initiative as well as this year's World Cup.
- 19 JULY 2018 / The SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, Τalks to ERT.gr
In an interview with the website of the Greek Public Television, ERT, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, discussed, among others, the vision that inspired and continues to inspire SNF’s philanthropic activity around the world as well as the state of the Greek economy and the social impact of the crisis.
- 19 JULY 2018 / The SNF Supports the National Museum of Contemporary Art in Greece
In June 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved a grant application by the National Museum of Contemporary Art, in Athens, Greece. The SNF contribution amounts to more than $3 million (~$3,624,502).The grant aims to support the Museum in fulfilling all the necessary steps that will lead to its completion and full operation, and enable it to stay open to the public on a permanent basis.
- 18 JULY 2018 / Girl Scout Troop 6000 Announces a Successful First Year
On Thursday, July 12th, 2018, the New York City Mayor’s Fund and the Department of Homeless Services held a girl-led press conference on the steps of City Hall in New York to announce a successful first year, in addition to an expansion of, Girl Scout Troop 6000. Chirlane McCray, First Lady of New York City, spoke at the event, thanking Troop 6000’s many supporters, including the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 18 JULY 2018 / The SNF attends Special Olympics 50th Anniversary Celebration in Chicago
On July 17th, 2018, the Special Olympics 50th Anniversary Celebration kicked off in Chicago, the birthplace of the first International Special Olympics Summer Games, featuring a series of events that brought together Special Olympics athletes, volunteers, supporters and friends of the global movement from around the world to celebrate the “Inclusion Revolution”, Special Olympics’ mission to create inclusive communities.
- 17 JULY 2018 / The 8th International Aegean Film Festival Organizes a Storytelling Workshop in Athens and Patmos island, with the SNF’s Support
The International Aegean Film Festival, the annual meeting point for filmmakers and storytellers from across the world, presents this year a curated program that includes documentaries and short films, as well as series of events and activities.
- 17 JULY 2018 / Tanenbaum Nursing Symposium for the Promotion of Religio-cultural Competency in Nursing Education
On Thursday, July 19th, 2018, the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding hosts a full-day symposium at the Columbia University School of Nursing in New York City.
- 16 JULY 2018 / The Mobile Medical Units Travel to Prespes
From July 12th to July 15th, 2018, the Mobile Medical Units (MMU) visited Prespes to provide free comprehensive medical care and support to the residents of the remote area of Laimos.
- 16 JULY 2018 / DIALOGUES: Football will Save the World!
On Friday, July 13th, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) held the ninth event of the series DIALOGUES under the title “Football will save the world.” For the first time ever, DIALOGUES were held outdoors, within the Great Lawn area of the Stavros Niarchos Park and with a focus on the king of Sports, football.