- 14 April 2021 / Delivery of Two New Planes through a $18 Million SNF Grant Strengthens EKAV’s Air Ambulance Services
On Wednesday, April 14, two Beechcraft King Air 350 aircraft landed in Greece, the latest result of a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to strengthen the capabilities and efficiency of the National Center for Emergency Care’s (EKAV) air ambulance services.
- 14 April 2021 / How Will Cities Look a Century from Now? An Immersive Model from Chatham House’s SNF CoLab Explores
A public fountain that doubles as a drinking fountain. Urban waterways to cope with rising seas. A Mars Expo advertising a five-year emigration scheme for the Red Planet.
- 13 April 2021 / Lincoln Center Launches Outdoor Civic Hub and Announces Transformation of its Space as Part of SNF-LC Agora Initiative
Restart Stages, a new effort from Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, launched last week on World Health Day. Today, as part of the effort, Lincoln Center announced a commission to set designer and MacArthur Fellow Mimi Lien to create a park-like installation, “The GREEN,” transforming a huge plaza on its campus into a new sort of public space.
- 08 April 2021 / Renovations Adding Capacity for 145 New ICU and HDU Beds at 15 Hospitals across Greece Completed through SNF Grant
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grant for renovations to add capacity for 175 additional intensive care unit (ICU) and high-dependency unit (HDU) beds at 15 hospitals in the Greek National Health System—from Attica to Thessaloniki and Lamia to Crete—has been largely completed and delivered.
- 07 April 2021 / Major Partnership between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Child Mind Institute to Revamp Mental Health Care for Children and Youth across Greece
A new referral center for child mental health, training programs, and development of cutting-edge clinical technology will bring international best practices to the public sector in Greece, building system-wide capacity to meet needs on the ground.
- 07 April 2021 / Varying Destinations, One Goal: Better Health for Better Quality of Life in Greece
Greece’s human geography is as varied as its physical geography. Urban centers along the vast coastline, towns in the mountains, and tiny island villages. Promising young athletes, elderly folks on the island of Anafi, families running together, a woman in Prespes expecting her first child. But wherever they are and whoever they are, all deserve the resources to live a healthy life.
- 05 April 2021 / Istorima: Preserving Oral History While Tackling Youth Unemployment in Greece
It holds difficult stories, stories of love, stories that change or shape us, new stories and old stories—stories that helps us get to know each other and understand our common history.
- 05 April 2021 / Spotlight on 25 Years of Grantmaking: Notes from Senior Information & Technology Officer Eddie Moy
- 01 April 2021 / SNF Pandemic Relief Fights Food Insecurity from Milan to San Antonio
Ιn communities around the world, food security was already elusive for too many, and the pandemic significantly widened and exacerbated food needs. It has been a threefold blow, simultaneously upending socioeconomic stability for individuals and families, disrupting existing food systems, and imposing new constraints on the organizations working to help ensure that people have enough good food to eat.