- What had been a blank expanse of asphalt adjacent to Lowell Elementary School in Philadelphia is now something quite different: a vibrant, colorful schoolyard with green space, a running track, and a jungle gym.
20 MAY 2022Cancellation of the SNF grant to the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports to protect and display Faliron Bay archaeological findingsAfter five years of continuous delays and inaction on the part of the relevant authorities, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was forced to withdraw the grant to support the design, construction, and outfitting of the Kelyfos Polyandriou exhibition pavilion.
- As exceedingly challenging social and economic conditions continue to affect people living in Myanmar, a team from Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University’s Chiang Mai campus in Thailand is working to help deliver basic essentials including medicine.
- The new Greek National Gallery - Alexandros Soutsos Museum was honored with the Golden A’ Design Award in the category of Interior Space and Exhibition Design.
- Monaco’s Saint Dévote rugby tournament brings together 10- to 12-year-olds from countries around the world to play the sport and celebrate the values it aspires to represent: solidarity, integrity, team spirit, and respect.
- As No Finish Line Nice made its full return after the disruptions of the pandemic, participants in the 2022 edition of the event shattered their goal of covering 45,000 kilometers, collectively traversing 54,660 kilometers to raise money to improve the welfare of children in the region.
- New Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) projects will give voice to people incarcerated in Corfu, spotlight a Northern Greece village that’s home to a deeply rooted Black community, engage Athens high schoolers in an expansive urban game related to Hadrian’s aqueduct, and more.
- The Tällberg Foundation hosted a three-day workshop in Vamvakou, the Greek mountain village where the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) founder had his roots and where SNF has supported a major effort to bring new life to a rural community recently in decline.
- AFS, which enables young people to travel abroad for in-depth intercultural experiences, recently convened its global network as well as educators, researchers, and policymakers in Athens to discuss Global Citizenship as a Path to Peace.