- 21 January 2021 / Update: Work to Add 174 New ICU and High-Dependency Beds in 15 Hospitals across Greece through an SNF Grant is Fully Underway
The article below was originally posted on November 25, 2020. It has since been updated with new information on the progress of renovation works:
- 20 January 2021 / February at the SNFCC
At the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), every day is an opportunity for discovery. Explore the paths of the Stavros Niarchos Park and details of the architectural landmark.
- 19 January 2021 / February in Vamvakou
Village life is proverbially slow. But this doesn’t hold true for the Greek village of Vamvakou, where there’s something new on offer every day—even for visitors who have been before.
- 18 January 2021 / COVID-19 and the Future of Philanthropy: A discussion between SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos and Robin Hood CEO Wes Moore
What did the outbreak of the pandemic reveal about social injustice and racial inequities in our society—and what role should philanthropy play in helping address them?
- 18 January 2021 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: Waiting to Restart: What has Covid-19 taught us?
An SNF DIALOGUES webcast looks ahead to the post- pandemic landscape for science and society.
- 17 January 2021 / SNF Suspends Grant to the Hellenic Sailing Federation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in a letter to the President of the Hellenic Sailing Federation (EIO), expressed its shock and dissatisfaction with the response and the statements of the Federation regarding the very serious allegations by Olympic champion Sofia Bekatorou. SNF is therefore suspending its current grant to the Federation for its sailing training program for athletes with disabilities.
- 15 January 2021 / A Conversation with the Mayor of Sparta on the City’s Future
Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta, will join the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for Hellenic Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles for a conversation on his city’s rich history and promising future.
- 14 January 2021 / Robin Hood Invests in Nonprofit Leaders of Color with Anchor Grant from SNF
They lead organizations that seek to help reengage young people in education after involvement in the criminal justice system and to help New Yorkers from marginalized communities secure the preparation they need to access quality employment opportunities.
- 11 January 2021 / New York Times Names Editor to Lead Headway Initiative
Matt Thompson, who has held leadership roles at Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting, The Atlantic, and NPR, has been selected to lead the Headway initiative at The New York Times.