- YEAR OF GRANT
- CATEGORYHEALTH & SPORTS
- ORGANIZATION LOCATIONLixouri, Kefalonia Island
- GRANT LOCATIONGREECE
For construction of the hospital´s new wing.
The new wing, which covers an area of 300 m2, houses the Pediatric Department, the Department of Obstetrics, Administrative Services, CT-Scan Tomography equipment and a Medical Library. This extension allows the hospital to limit contact between children and adults in treatment; and creates much-needed additional space.
The General Hospital of Lixouri “Mantzavinateio” was established with funds from the bequest of the late Panages and Antonia Mantzavinatos and has been in operation since 1957.