- 26 APRIL 2017 / No Finish Line Athens starts, with the SNF support
Running for the first time in Athens, the leading international philanthropic race No Finish Line, starts today, on Wednesday, April 26th, at 19:00, and will be held at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 25 APRIL 2017 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University by Dr. Thomas Jessell
On April 25, Columbia University Professor Thomas M. Jessell, PhD, shared his pioneering research into how the brain tells the body to move — and what happens in diseases when this process goes awry.
- 25 APRIL 2017 / Finale of the 2017 Aegean Chess Championship, with the support of the SNF
On Sunday, 22 April 2017, the finalists of the 2017 Chess Championship were held in Antiparos with the support of the ISN.
- 21 APRIL 2017 / Maryland Film Festival Provides A FIRST LOOK at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway received its first invitation-only audience on the evening of April 20th as donors and supporters descended on the theater for its A FIRST LOOK preview opening and donor appreciation event.
- 20 APRIL 2017 / Grant totaling 14 million euros to the National Center for Emergency Care
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced the details of its new grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling 14 million euros. The grant is part of the SNF’s initiative against the Greek crisis.
- 19 APRIL 2017 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway Opening
The renovated Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway will welcome its first visitors at a celebratory event under the title A FIRST LOOK on Thursday, April 20th.
- 12 APRIL 2017 / The International Conference “Meet, See, Do” in Pristina with the SNF’s support
The 5th edition of the International Conference “Meet, See, Do” took place from 6th to 8th of April in Prishtina. The conference was organized by the Balkan Museum Network (BMN) and the Foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders (CHwB) Bosnia and Herzegovina with the support of the SNF.
- 06 APRIL 2017 / Summer Nostos Festival 2017
As part of its broader philanthropic activity and its continuous support to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) establishes -and supports through an exclusive grant- the open, week-long events that are held every June at the SNFCC. Admission to the events is free for all participants.
- 05 APRIL 2017 / Inauguration of the New Library of the Law School of the University of Athens with the SNF’s support
On April 4th the inauguration of the new Library of the Law School of the University of Athens took place. The SNF contributed to the creation of the library though a grant, which covered the purchase of all specialized equipment that would allow the library to operate.